The Journey of an Anonymous Unemployed 0L - Blogged

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ta Da!

Well, there we go.  I have created my very first ever blog post.

This is something that I have been meaning to do for a long time.  Why am I just now getting to it you ask? Well, simply put, I have the time now.  I lost my job the other day.  On Friday the 13th, no less.  This is going to be my outlet for the inevitable frustration of being a 0L while unemployed.

What's so difficult about that?  Everybody says you should enjoy your 0L Summer!  Yes, this is true.  "Everybody" does indeed say to do just that.  The problem is that I don't think I will be doing much enjoying this summer if I don't find work soon because I am not your "typical" 0L (if such a mystical creature indeed exists).  I'm 30ish, married, have two kids, "own" a house.  All of that takes money -- lots of money.  That's something I didn't really have before, and now I definitely don't have it.

So what am I going to do with my 0L Summer now that I'm unemployed?  For one thing, this.  You're looking at it silly! Hopefully this will bring a little bit of enjoyment and creative stimulus.  Also, I hope it can help me keep my thoughts organized.  I'll probably also do some job hunting (I've got one application in so far, more to come on that), and I might start that novel I've been thinking of writing for ages (I know, cliche).  I also want to take this time to be a better husband and father.  I really need that (more on that later too, I'm sure).

Well, I'm sure I'm supposed to keep this introductory post brief, so I will end it here.  Thanks for hanging in there with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment