The Journey of an Anonymous Unemployed 0L - Blogged

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Decisions, decisions...

I've been thinking a lot about what school to go to today.  I even worked it up in excel to see the cost difference between the T30 and the TTT that I was admitted to.  I used a couple of different models, but the one assuming I lose my scholarship completely after first year still comes out about $8000 cheaper at the TTT. I have a fancier model that weights possible scholarship levels based on the probability that I will be in that class segment.  It comes out about $30,000 cheaper at the TTT.  

Normally I would just say to go to the best school you get in to, but my situation is so different from most new law students that that kind of thinking isn't really an option.  I have a house that I can't sell and a family that I don't want to uproot.  Also, I plan to practice in the small Midwestern city that I currently live in.  The TTT places better than any other school here.  That includes the T30 that is just a couple of hours away and the much better schools that are pretty close as well.  I could continue living in my house and not have a bunch of additional living expenses, etc.  I think I've almost made up my mind to go to the TTT school, but I guess I just need someone to validate that decision for me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment